Wednesday 4 April 2018

Introducing The Dream Car...

As promised I would do a post about my beloved car. Since passing my test, cars and in particular my car has been a big part of my life. It has opened so many horizons and now I can just drive with no destination and play my music and have a lot of fun!

Anyway, let me introduce her... (apologies if this isn't your sort of post - this will be a post of technical information about the car and also a 'I love her so much do not offend her in any way' post!)

Annabelle - Audi TT S-Line TFSI 2L Sports Car
Photo Courtesy of Paul from Cherished Photos
Firstly, yes  I have named her! Also you can't beat a bit of alliteration - Annabelle the Audi, she gets nicknamed Belles when I want her to go quickly in sport mode...

Technical Information

My car has a Tip-Tronic Sports gear box  (S-Tronic Gearbox) which goes up to 6 gears in both standard Auto and Sports, for those who don't know what this is its a gearbox that is mainly automatic setup, however you can opt to override this and put the car into manual or sports mode. According to the users guide in the car, the car can go from 0-60mph in 5.8 seconds, however it is worth noting that companies like Audi do tend to post the 'slower' average of times in the speed test - whilst driving the car in (somewhat) test conditions from a launch, my good friend Ollie and myself managed to get this to 5.6 seconds on the stop-clock without trying too hard (I won't say how quickly we got his Cayman GTS to go though that he had on lease whilst in the country!).

The car runs on Petrol; I also have 19 inch wheels and diamond cut alloys on the car, these came as standard with the S-Line edition of the car.

I have a non-Quattro car - for some people this is controversial as Audi is so renowned for their Quattro cars - however having a front wheel drive car is fun! When the car is in Dynamic mode (I'll touch on drive select modes in a moment) she's very jumpy and always ready to jump off the lights as soon as they turn green.

Ownership

As I've previously mentioned, this car was a dream car and in all honesty it all started out as a joke. I was originally looking at Audi A1/S1's (again still sporty but not an actual sports car) as I thought this would be practical and the insurance wouldn't be so high.. well my friend Josie and I started looking online at my local dealer (big thanks to Tunbridge Wells Audi and Steve who sold me the car back in April 2017). As a joke, we thought we would start looking at the Finance calculators on an Audi TT MK2 ( I think it was a 2012 registered car) and it was actually affordable (including the insurance surprisingly). Well I booked a test drive with my dad and went to go and see the car, turned out it sold that morning, however the salesman told me to still come down as he had another newer car in stock within my price range.

Anyway, we made our way to the car dealership, walked in and then took us out to the car, and that car was Annabelle - a 2016 (66 registration) Audi MK3 TT Coupe. First impressions were, its amazing. It had a more aggressive look then her predecessors of the MK1 and MK2, and the MK3 is stylised from the R8 (hence the car's nickname of the Mini R8).

We took her on the test drive, thankfully just me and my dad as there is a height safety limitation for the rear 2 seats due to the slanted sports roof. We got to be really honest whilst driving the car and really see what we liked and didn't like - there wasn't much not to like. The car ticked all my boxes - the only thing my dad was concerned about was that the car is very quick and very torque'y (great terminology there I know 😂) - but otherwise he even agreed that the car was quite literally perfect. 

We got back to the dealer, ran over some of the figures and everything still matched up perfectly. I so desperately wanted to say yes... but I had to walk away and really asses if this was the right option. It took me a matter of the 30 minute journey home and being home for a further 30 minutes for me to pick the phone up and pay the deposit on the car! And still to this day it was the best decision I ever made!!

I've nearly owned her for a year on the 17 April 2018 and this car still never fails to put a whacking great big smile on my face, she's a car that is easy to drive on a commuter journey but also handles fantastically when having a bit of fun - the car is also completely standard (I haven't re-mapped her, thought about it but decided not to) and I can still get pops and bangs out of her exhaust in sports mode.

One of the few downsides is that she really really hates the cold - like really hates it. The car is a littler jerkier in the cold and when the ice comes well that's a whole different story. The windows completely freeze up and therefore getting into the car is difficult...

I absolutely love the interior setup of the car - its perfectly setup with the driver being the main focus. Everything in the virtual dash is in front of you - which is perfect for driving alone, your music, your dash warnings, your mileage and fuel consumption are all available in front of you with one easy click of a button.

In short, owning this car was a dream come true - and she still keeps making my dreams come true every day!

If you want to see more car posts (tbh my Instagram is just mainly my car nowdays...) then you can follow me on Instagram @emmavictoriaa95

Well here is my ride... sorry if this post wasn't for you - but you can always contact me about something you want me to discuss further - no idea is a bad idea!

Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment