Saturday 24 January 2015

Healthy Living - My Top 3 Fruit Smoothies


After posting up on my instagram some of the smoothies I've been having lately - all to do with my healthy living regime and I've had people asking me what my favourite ones to make are!

I'm also still setting up  my new Nutri Ninja Pro blender but for now I'm using my old blender that doesn't cut as finely at the moment! This post is about fruit smoothies, I will do another post on my top 3 green smoothies at a later date. I will also be doing a post on the other things I put in the smoothie and why I put them in.

1. Apple, Banana & Orange Smoothie



Ingredients
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 Green Apple
  • 60ml Semi-Skimmed Milk (or whatever milk you prefer - I sometimes use Almond Milk)
  • 120ml of Orange Juice - freshley squeezed from an Orange, not out of a carton!!
Method
  • I put all the ingredients, finely chopped into the blender. When squeezing the juice out of the orange you may wish to sieve if you don't want the extra bits (optional).
  • Pulse all the ingredients 3-4 times until items are more broken down.
  • Blend the ingredients for 45-60 seconds for a smooth consistency, less if you want a lumpy/chewy consistency and don't chop up so finely. 

2. Pineapple Non-Alcoholic Piñ
a Colada
(I forgot to take a picture of this one, sorry!!)
Ingredients
  • 1 medium banana
  • 60ml of Coconut Milk (Light!!)
  • 1 cup of fresh chopped pineapple 
  • 1/4 cup of freshly juiced pineapple juice (from the pineapple not a carton!) 
  • 1/2 cup of Ice!
Method
  • I crush the ice up into chunks, not cubes, it helps to just blend up easier! 
  • I pop all the ingredients in the blender.
  • Pulse 4-5 times
  • Blend for 60 seconds, pour into a glass and enjoy!
2. Berry-Tastic Smoothie
Ingredients


  • 1 Cup of Raspberries
  • 1 cup of Blueberries
  • 1 cup of Strawberries 
  • 1 cup of Blackberries 
  • 2 Green Apples (Or red if you prefer)
Method

  • I chucked in all the berries into the blender, I finely chopped the apples and added them in also.
  • Pulse for 4-5 times 
  • Blend all the ingredients for 60 - 70 seconds.
  • If you don't want all the seeds in the smoothie then you can sieve them out, although this is optional and depends on the individual.
  • Pour into a glass, get a nice big straw and enjoy!

I hope you enjoy my favourite three fruit smoothies, let me know if you try them! 
I will be doing my top 3 green smoothies in another post!

Lots of Love

Emma Victoria

xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment