Friday 22 March 2013

Rescue Those Lips!

Ever get it when your lips are chapped and horrible? Lots of dead skin obviously showing even when you have lipstick on? We all seem to have some problems with our lips whether they are dried out, chapped or just plain terrible! The worst time to have dried or chapped lips is when you are going to kiss someone; whether its your family or your significant other. I have been looking everywhere online myself to find the best way to help your lips. Here is what I do...

1. Exfoliate

You are probably think 'what on earth is she on about', well let me explain. If you are like me, and use a facial scrub, I always seem to avoid getting this on my lips; I now make sure I always include my lips! As long as you don't actually put the product in your mouth and you make sure you have taken all the product of your lips you will be fine. I also use a toothbrush to help exfoliate and get rid of the dreaded dead skin! Just after I wake-up and just before I go to bed, I rub my toothbrush (without toothpaste or anything on the bristles) over my lips for a few minutes until the feel super soft. 

2. Moisturise

Moisturising your lips is the key to keep your lips soft and in perfect condition! During the day I use Carmex lip products, as soon as my lips begin to feel a little dry or chapped I just pop some of this on and it works wonders on your lips. At night, just after exfoliating my lips I smother Vaseline on my lips and leave it on other night. You will wake up with smooth and soft lips. I always make sure I am carrying at least on lip product other than a lip gloss or lipstick on me in case of emergency. Although, if you have accidently cut your lips ( I have managed to do this many times before) then please do not use the Carmex products. These will make your lips sting and possibly do more bad then good, instead I would just use Vaseline. I personally use the Cocoa Butter Vaseline as its my favourite out of all the small tins, however you can use whatever you like or best suits you!

3. Avoid!

If you want your lips to be smooth and soft without dry skin all over them, then please do not lick your lips all the time, or rip the dead skin off of them. This will only cause you pain and it will just take longer for your lips to heal and get better! If you do constantly lick your lips, make sure you have a pot of Vaseline or Carmex near by, because you will dry your lips out so quickly and you will be back to square one!

Well I hope this helps you, cause it is most certainly helping me!


Much Love


Emma

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment