Wednesday 12 March 2014

OOTW: Too Pure To Be Pink!

Surely you can guess the theme of this outfit by the title... If not, its GREASE!!!

I've been so obsessed with Grease for some reason recently - I think I've watched it about 15 times in the past week and a half (its become serious) I know all the songs, the lines and everything. And then it possessed me to buy a poodle skirt. Also before anyone asks... "Danny or Kenickie?" It'd be Kenickie everytime!!!


Pink Poodle Skirt & Neck Scarf, eBay - £18.95

White Gold Button Collar Top, New Look - £8

Cream Belt, New Look - £5

White Petticoat (25"), Hell Bunny - £29.99

Black Marilyn Cat Eye Sunglasses, Wear it Again Sam - £10

Pink Glitter Hair Bow, Beauxoxo - £5

Rockabilly Flats, Babycham - £15
(No Longer Available)


My hair is 2 days old, with a bit of blonde dry shampoo in it, I had set it in pin curls 2 nights previous then slept on them the night before for a light wavy look. My eye-liner is the usual winged eye liner with a small dusting of pale pink eye-shadow blended through for a slight shimmer. I've changed it up a bit with my lips - instead of my signature red, my friend Ricky bought me a bright pink lipstick! This is the Barry M Cream Lipstick in 'Shocking Pink' and it definitely has a beautiful vibrant colour! The lipstick matches the outfit so perfectly! I definitely wanted to carry the "too pure to be pink" theme to the extreme, so my whole outfit was pink overload! My hair bow in my hair just pins it back slightly and adds an extra pink splash! The neck scarf also came with the skirt and its just a super soft material and so comfortable to wear! 



Adding a petticoat gives this skirt the perfect twirl action! I have a habit of just spinning round when wearing petticoat and this picture explains exactly why! I love the way the skirt flows especially with the soft material used it makes the skirt have more movement. With the skirt being so inexpensive it makes me very happy to be wearing such a pretty outfit!

I also opted for flats instead of heels, (hear me out) - For this outfit, I think heels are just a little too much, I wanted flats as mainly in the film throughout the school scenes (apart from Sandy at the carnival and at the Dance Off) they mainly wear flats. And anyway, its good to have a break from heels every once in a while! This outfit also has a somewhat 'preppy' look to it as well! You could also match some pink or white bobby socks with the shoes if you wish!

And yes... I WOULD wear this to college! 

Now here are some Grease Gif's I thought I'd share with you.

image



image



Well I hope you enjoyed today's OOTW and gifs! Cause it was sure super fun to shoot and dress up like this! 

GREASED LIGHTNING!

Lots of Love

Emma Victoria

xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment