Saturday 20 June 2015

What's in My Cupboard? - My Daily Essentials

I'm doing a mini series called 'What's in My Cupboard?' I've finally got round to re-organising my cupboard into key sections and thought it would give you a little insight as to what I use, my favourite products that I use and just so you can be nosy!

I've found little boxes and cute little bits to put my things into - it means I can be more organised and there is no excuses for me to say I can't find anything I need (I have a habit of getting it out and just 'chucking' it in the wardrobe.. just to complain that I can't find it the next day).

So first let me say, all these products are what I use once or several times daily. These products are all what I find works best for me and products that help with my skin. However, these are always changing depending on me trying new products.

So I hope you enjoy being nosy and I hope that these products just give you a sort of insight into what I use and what I like!





Starting with the most obvious - deodorant! For me Sure works really well, I normally use one of the fragranced ones (the pink one with flowers? I'm terrible at remembering the illustrious name) but I just needed something to see me through till I went shopping again so I got this one for £1 (on discount in Waitrose). It works well, has a fresh smell and keeps me not sweaty and smelling nice throughout the day!





Next is my two wonderful moisturisers, my No.7 Essential Moisture Day and Night Creams. These are still the tester posts, but they are nearly finished and I will have to re-purchase these when I have more money! I love these, they make my skin silky and soft, and definitely make the dry spots and creases on my face feel so much nicer!



Another product I use for moisturising and protection is Sun cream... Not only is it good for just when its sunny but I use mine in tow of using my moisturisers, I only use a tiny little amount but it helps keep me protected all the time. Considering I get burnt for literally walking outside sometimes; by using a tiny amount of sun cream it means that because I don't have any SPF in my moisturiser, unlike some other moisturisers. However, I don't use this daily, I probably use this once every 2-3 days, and in the spring and summer months only.




For breakouts I'm currently using the Simple Rapid Action roll on treatment. This is another product that has nearly run out, however I can't decide whether to re-purchase or to go back to my usual Freederm products that I used to use. This works for the odd small spot with constant use, but definitely not a product for the short term for myself. I do think this is a good product, for the right person - maybe just not for me!





For make-up removal I'm currently using the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water with cotton balls. This is another product I'm running out of, I've got about 1/5 of the bottle left. I'll be honest, there isn't anything I find wrong with this product, it does the job, it gets my make-up off and it doesn't make my eyes sting but I wouldn't say this product does miraculous wonders, because it is only cleansing water. I may repurchase it, I may not, I may see if there is another product for me to try - who knows!


This product is still relatively new into my collection of Essentials. Its Palmers Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks. Yes, I'm a big girl and I have the odd stretch mark, they are especially bad on my boobs and I'll literally do anything to help get rid of them, and even if it doesn't at least its a really nice moisturising cream for my skin! I do like this product, its lovely, feels great, and smells pretty good too! This product is especially good if you are pregnant as well (for any of my pregnant followers!). I'm going to see how I get on with this product, its hard for me to say if I'll re-purchase it just yet, but if it goes as well as it has already than I may repurchase it!




My last product is a hair product. My hair lately, especially with the upcoming summer and heat - my hair can become brittle and frizzy and just plain ugh. The John Freida Frizz-Ease serum, gives my hair that super silky and smooth feel which I absolutely love. Also when my hair is in this horrible state, I do a double hair wash in the shower (Shampoo, Conditioner, Shampoo, Conditioner). I've been using this product in the summers (and after curling or straightening my hair) for the past 7 years - so it is a product I very much love!


Well I hope you enjoyed this post! It was just something I thought I'd do and considering I hadn't done a beauty related post in a while I thought it would be nice!

Emma Victoria

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment