Saturday 8 February 2014

Lifestyle: Valentines Day...

'Singletons'

I know, its getting to that time of year again, where all the couples will be on overload with PDA (public display of affection) - and yes, I respect that they love each other, but what about us poor singletons left on our own... Well here is my plan!

Even though I've recently started dating guys again, (after FINALLY getting enough confidence to do so now!), I'm still going to be single on Valentines Day. So what do I plan on doing?! NOTHING!

Yup, that's right, nothing. I'm going to ignore all the lovey dovey stuff, and just carry on with my life! 

My advice to you would be to do the same, round this particular day of the year, all the people who are single seem to become super observant of all the people in relationships, and really, you are only going to make it a million times worse for yourself! 

Maybe get a DVD, make a milkshake, get your pyjamas on and relax - or go down the gym, have a really good workout and feel proud of yourself! (PSST - THE NEW LEGO MOVIE COMES OUT ON THE 14TH GO FIND A FRIEND TO SEE IT WITH YOU!!) Its all about self evaluation - and if you want to find a date for Valentines day this year or next year, then remember this "For other people to love me, I have to love myself" - men and women love people who can be confident! (If you struggle with body confidence in particular don't forget to check out my body confidence post!).

People with a Valentines

I thought it'd be nice to include both sides of the story! I've also come to realise that even the people in relationships, seem to come under a lot of discrimination for valentines day. If you do have a boyfriend/date then maybe try and do something a little different, maybe something sentimental. This year my friend has made a photo album of all the memories she has had with her boyfriend, she's handwritten them all and made it like a huge collage in a book and its absolutely beautiful. 

Instead of buying a card and flowers, why don't you make something for your loved one? It will honestly mean more then a piece of card from a shop! 

But my biggest piece of advice for you would be... be spontaneous, and no not just on valentines day - all year round. Why should it take for one day for you to show your love? Do something special every once in a while, go for a walk at midnight. 

So one thing I want to know from you guys is...

What is the cheesiest chat up line that someone has said to you? 
Mine has to be "If you stood in front of a mirror and held up 11 roses, you would see 12 of the most beautiful things in the world."

Lots of Love


Emma Victoria 


xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment