Wednesday 9 July 2014

OOTW; The 50's Teen

So today I have the most perfect look! I've had quite a few people ask me about doing a 50's teen outfit, so here is my take! Pretty similar to most, but its still super cute & preppy!


Freddie Top in Blush, Collectif  - £34.50
Inspire Navy Skinny Jeans, New Look - £12.99
(I've cut and sewn mine into capri's, tutorial will come soon!)

White Bobby Socks, eBay - £4

White Babycham Shoes, £20

Black Marilyn Cat Eye Sunglasses, Wear it Again Sam - £9.99

Make-up & Hair

Hair is in a 60's beehive.


Make-up is thick winged liner using the H&M Dipliner

Foundation is Collection 2000 16 hour Wear in Ivory
Concealer is 2True in Shade 1

Normally on my outfits I'm often in a dress and skirt, but I've finally found another outfit with trousers that I just absolutely love!

There is another cross-over of the era's here with the beehive and the outfit, 60's & 50's but they go so well together! Although, if you want an all 50's ensemble maybe set your hair in pincurls and pop it into a ponytail with a bow.

I went for thicker winged eyeliner, just for a more dramatic look, however you could also just have really fanned out eyelashes for a simpler/cutesy look.

The beehive is holding about a million bobby pins to hold it in place, but its probably the best I've ever done! I've also re-cut my fringe into shorter bangs, just as they were getting a little long and starting to go into my eyes.

If the weather gets a little chilly, add a cute cardigan. I've added my old cricket cardigan from New Look which I bought about 5 years ago, still super adorable and matches the outfit perfectly!

Anywho my dears! Enough chat from me today, I hope you like this look as much as I do!!

All I need now is a greaser boyfriend, a 50's diner and I'm good to go for summer!

Love

Emma Victoria

xoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment