Wednesday 30 July 2014

OOTW&Review; Collectif Summer Bouquet Dolores

So as I've said for the last few weeks, I'm going on a 2 month break (see post here which kind of explains why) so I saved this beauty of a dress to show you guys and to review for my last post. I'm going to miss documenting my outfits each week for the next 2 months, but I really need this break. However, I originally planned on getting this dress before my birthday but Collectif had sold out in my size weeks before and hadn't restocked - so I lost hope and began looking for a new dress which I'd love just as much. I felt heartbroken at first but on my actual birthday I went to Brighton with my best friend and we went into Collectif and THERE WAS THE DRESS. In my size, in the flared style, right in front of me! My birthday was made not only by the fact my best friend surprised me by coming down for the weekend (she kept it from me for months!) but I found the dress I;ve wanted so badly for a whole year!



Summer Bouquet Dolores Dress, Collectif - £65
Red & White Becca Bag, Collectif - £35
Slingback Peep Toes, Peacocks - £12
Pink Chiffon Scarf, eBay - £4.50
Leopard Print Cat Eye Sunglasses, eBay - £10
Double Notes Necklace, Bow & Crossbones - £4.99
20"Baby Pink Petticoat, Hell Bunny - £21.99
Make-Up
Collection Lasting Finish Foundation in Ivory
Natural Collection Face Powder in Neutral
Bourjois Clubbing Liquid Liner, Black
Natural Collection Eyeshadows in Candyfloss & Mermaid 
MUA Luxe Lip Lacquer in Atomic

Review

So after a year of lusting over this dress, I feel like my world is made by owning it now. You all know my favourite brand is Collectif, so as I normally do I went to their Brighton shop, had a lovely chat with the ladies who are probably becoming very familiar with me always popping in there and browsed round with my best friend - and then I found it. Now the dress itself is in the flared Dolores Style, and this dress has a lot of give to it, I was originally looking for a size 20, but I was advised to size down due to how much give the dress has and also for a better fit on the bust; so I ended up with an 18. When I got home the first thing I did (and my friend Danielle can vouch for me on this!) was but the dress on, as I just couldn't believe how much I loved this dress. Truthfully I could actually fit into a 16 with this dress, but I prefer it a little bigger if I was to wear a petticoat (like above) and also I can tailor the dress with my sewing machine if I need to. The dress has an absolutely gorgeous summer floral pattern, and for someone who doesn't normally wear yellow due to being blonde and the colour normally doesn't complement me, this dress just looks phenomenal! There is plenty of room on the bust for the bigger busted ladies but also gives a beautiful curve on the bust for the ladies who are more slender. This dress is perfect for an hourglass look. The dress sits about mid calf on me (I stand at 5 foot 5.5) and has an absolutely beautiful flare on the full circle skirt, I also love pairing a petticoat with the Dolores dress because of how pretty it makes the skirt, I feel like I've really stepped out of the 50's when wearing a petticoat with this dress! (I personally prefer wearing a 20" petticoat as this sits above the knee and doesn't go below the dress).



My favourite part is always the twirl test - this dress just twirls perfectly, the skirt has such a good flow and spreads out beautifully when twirling around. The dress has the permanently stunning feel to it, and even my friend who dances around with me said its a beautiful dress to dance in. The dress isn't tight on the waist like some dresses from other brands that I own either.

Another amazing feature to the Dolores Doll dresses are definitely the puffed elasticated sleeves. You can either wear them off the shoulder or as a normal sleeve. Which I love, if I feel like having a sassier day then I will have the sleeves off the shoulder but if I want to be a little more conservative then I will opt for on shoulder.

I decided to match this dress with a pink petticoat and pink chiffon headscarf, mainly because I thought these would compliment the yellow quite well. However, I also added my red Becca bag, which looks absolutely stunning alongside the dress too.

So another beautiful dress has won me over from Collectif!!

I'm going to miss doing these posts for a little while, but when I'm back I'm sure I will have lots of beautiful outfits to show you all!

Lots of Love & See You Soon!

Emma Victoria

xoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment