Friday 18 October 2013

Body Confidence Week!

Well, this week has been Body Confidence Week and what better way to promote this then showing you my figure. I was originally going to do this post at the beginning of the week, but honestly, I didn't have the guts. It was only when my friend and photographer Eddie said to me "Its Body Confidence Week for Christ sake Emma!" until then I didn't realise how stupid I really was being.
I have also faced a fear by taking this picture - I haven't worn a swimsuit in 2, nearly 3 years because they are so figure hugging, and I was always worried I would be judged - so here goes...

I use to be super self-conscious and always wore frumpy clothes cause I hated my figure and here I am now facing my fear of wearing a swimsuit and posing in front of a camera. 

I Hate: 
My thighs
My tummy
My Butt
My Boobs
My Back
My Neck

But I'm beautiful. It shouldn't matter what anyone says about my figure, or my boobs or my butt, or what size jeans I take. Nothing else matters. You can be a size 6 and be beautiful and curvy, you can be a size 26 and you will still be beautiful and curvy! Beautiful is not and never will be defined as a number.

Never let anyone tell you that you have to be a certain size to be considered beautiful or perfect - a) beauty isn't a number b) there is no such thing as perfect in society; perfection is in the eye of the beholder.

So what's your biggest body fear? Why don't you face it? Why should it matter what anyone else thinks? 

Have you ever compared your figure to someone else's and wish you had there's instead of your own? WHY?! Okay, I admit, I have done this many times in my life, and sometimes I do wish I could trade my "well-known" and curvaceous boobs and booty for something a little smaller - but they are part of me and what people recognise me as. I'm learning to love my body, yeah it's not easy and you can't just change your outlook of yourself as quick as a flash, but you can start by making small changes.

Here's a task if you struggle with seeing yourself as beautiful. Everyday look in the mirror - and you MUST pick one good thing about yourself, whether its your eyes, your hair, anything and then write it down, fold it up and put it in a box. In one month, open this box up and look at all the things you have written down. Or even better, get your friends to write things down into a box anonymously and read all the beautiful aspects about yourself!

You are beautiful no matter what anyone says or thinks - if I can bare myself to you, then you can do it for yourself!

Lots of love

Emma Victoria

xoxox

P.S - Make sure you like my Facebook page and follow my blog. I will be having a 50 follower giveaway and I need 13 more followers (on GFC) to launch this giveaway!

P.P.S - Only just noticed the cuts on my legs in the second picture - but hey, proves no one is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment