Wednesday 23 January 2013

Looking Back & Changing

Now, every new year, everyone makes a 'New Year's Resolution', and do people usually stick to them? Honestly, they'd like to say yes, but the majority of the time people always give up or even forget about their resolution. However, this year I had 2 resolutions for myself. The first was to keep my second new years resolution, and the second was to lose weight. Now this is probably the most common resolution. I am now into my 23rd Day of my new diet, I last weighed myself last Thursday, and I weighed myself today and I have lost 2lb's. Now, 2012 was a really terrible year for me; my brother had major surgery in January (a year today), I fell ill with pneumonia, kicked out of college, 
and many other private issues. The only thing that kept me going was my boyfriend, Ollie; however in November we were both told the heart-breaking news he was moving back to New Zealand. Throughout the year, I began to comfort eat and began not to care about myself or what anyone thought. I locked myself away and wouldn't talk to anyone. But when my boyfriend left the UK, I decided I would change myself for the better, make myself happy. Now I have never really been skinny or slim. But I have tried many diets in the past and just gave up. I now have my own treadmill and cycling bike at home, as well as using 'fun' fitness exercises such as the Wii Fit! I am now doing a calorie control diet, I have 1500 calories (kcal) a day. You can eat what you want, when you want, you just watch your calories! This is working really well for me. I find its the healthiest way to lose weight, losing 1 or 2 pounds a week is healthy. Don't starve yourself, otherwise you will just crave all the time and constantly feel hungry and find yourself wanting to eat even more then before you started the diet!
The thing you need the most during a diet and trying to lose weight, is support and encouragement. Now, I still speak to my now ex Ollie, even though it hurts me emotionally, (its still early stages since he left and we split, be positive and be happy!) But every week we Skype each other,  he asks me how my diet is going and if I have lost any weight. Now if I gain for whatever reason, we talk it through about where I went wrong or what happened, and we work and improve on the previous week. Now, in the diet I am doing, it says that if you go wrong one day, forget about it and start again the next day. Don't dwell and give up if you go wrong once, everyone makes mistakes and has slip ups, don't beat yourself up over it!

I am someone who constantly helps people when they need me (even though I am someone who bottles up my emotions when I am upset or sad, just cause I don't want to be judged, another habit I am trying to break, a challenge? A very hard challenge for me.), no matter how small the problem or issue is. I always listen when people need advice or help, I encourage them if they need it. And if you are doing the same as me and have stuck to your goal, or want to lose weight, then be positive, don't let one bad day get you down when there is thousands ahead of you which YOU can make happy! If any of you lovely people need advice, or even just want a little chat, then I am always here to listen and help. You can comment on here or email me on cutecupcakebeauty@hotmail.com

Now, remember, You are amazing and beautiful. When you do something, don't do it for others, do it for yourself. At the end of the day, you are important and should be happy!

Keep Smiling Beautiful!


Emma
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment