Wednesday 28 May 2014

OOTW & Review: Pretty Polly

We have a double whammy again today! I totally enjoyed reviewing the Stella Sweetheart Dress in this way that I've also decided to do it for this dress...

OOTW

White Bow Wedges, Simply Be - £20
(Discontinued)
Marilyn Cat Eye Sunglasses, Wear it Again Sam - £9.99

For my make-up I just did the signature rockabilly style with thin winged eyeliner, and a blue undertone red lipstick to make my pearly whites shine. For my eyeshadow I just used the Rimmel Glam'Eyes Mono Eyeshadow in "Glam Ice" for an ice white feel to my eyes for an extra pop in the summer sun!

Recently for my hair I've been totally loving the 60's beehive hairstyle; I'd never really tried it so I've just been experimenting with what works for my hair seeing as mine is growing out and is layered. I just matched the red bandanna for that extra rockabilly touch and just to help shape up the beehive a bit more.

Review

As I said above, I got this dress as a thank you gift. I'd been pining over it since Collectif actually released the images for this dress which is part of this years Spring/Summer Collection. I've been looking for a good shirt dress for a while that actually fits over my rather large bust area and Collectif never fail to make me smile... I actually went for a size 20, I normally go for a size 22 due to the chest area always being tight, but I gave the smaller size a shot; and I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well the fit was, with my bust measuring 44-46 depending on the cut I was in between an 18/20. You can either have the dress fully buttoned up, or if you want a slightly more rebel rockbilly feel have it on one of the lower buttons which shows more cleavage! You can either be preppy princess or rebel rockabilly!


The twirl test is probably my favourite thing about reviewing dresses! This dress does have a full circle skirt, however due to the different material it does twirl a bit differently, and actually I really like it! The skirt of the dress actually swings in more of a direction unlike my other circle skirt dresses which just follow your movement - the extra movement of the skirt gives an amazing dimension when walking down the street in heels as it helps to exaggerate your hip movements. 

Overall I LOVE the polly dress, its definitely a summer must-have! If the weather does become cooler however you could match this with a bolero; I'd personally reccommend either the Gail Bolero in Cream or Jean Bolero in Ivory

The Polly dress is available in either in red gingham, red or black. 

See you saturday for my next post my lovelies!

Emma Victoria

xoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment