Wednesday 10 July 2013

Liebster Blog Award Nomination!

Yesterday, I had a comment on my weekly overview post from Deborah from Hellcat Vintage, and she nominated me for the Liebster blog award! I have in fact already been nominated for this once before, (this was back in January, you can read it here) but what's the harm in doing it again! I also want to thank Deborah for nominating me, makes me feel like people do in fact appreciate my blog!

As said before in my previous post, this is an award for bloggers who have 200 followers and less. 'Liebster' which is a German origin word, stands for 'dearest', 'loving' or 'favourite'. The rules of this are that - you must answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominee (in my case, the questions Deborah has asked), you then have to nominate 11 other upcoming bloggers (and notify them on their blogs!) and then write your own 11 questions for them to answer! So lets get this underway!


*UPDATE* - I have also been nominated by Stephanie from Stephanie Maverick, so I will also answer her questions below Deborah's! 


My Questions from Deborah


1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
 I started blogging cause a lot of my friends around me kept nagging me to! Everyone was interested and intrigued in my style, but I also introduced some of my personal life into the blog for myself to a) vent and b) for people to learn from my experiences and for them to be able to talk to me, if they need advice!

2. When did you first fall for vintage/rockabilly fashion?

Well, I first began becoming interested into the whole scene when a once close friend of kine (sadly, we are no longer friends nor are we close) introduced me to Imelda May back in 2008. I completely fell in love with her, the way she dressed and the way she did her make-up. Only in the past 2 and a half years have I really begun dressing in this style of fashion, and personally I feel it complements my figure perfectly and I get so many compliments! I bought my first swing dress back in 2009, for a retro family party, and ever since I haven't stopped buying them! Vintage and Rockabilly for life! 

3. If you could meet anyone from any time period, who would it be?

Oh gosh, this is a tricky one. There are many people I'd love to meet, but I think one that stands out for me, has to be Nan. I am extremely close to my nan, and she was a teenager back in the 50's, I would have loved to have seen how she dressed, her way of life, her job, her family and most of all her social scene. Especially compared to the modern day, times have changed so much. I would love to have seen how she reacted to everything in those days eg introduction of rock and roll, segregation, etc.

4. If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?

Because I am so super obsessed with Alice in Wonderland recently, I'd love to meet the Mad Hatter! He is so eccentric and crazy, I'd love to have a tea and cake with him!

5. What is your favourite food?

My favourite food at the moment has to probably be raspberries with Marshmallow Fluff. I've no idea why, but its becoming a seriously worrying addiction.

6. You win the lottery... what do you do with the money?

I think it depends on the amount, I'd like to ideally donate half to my current work, as what they do for disabled children is amazing and they deserve as much funding as they could possibly get! With the rest of the money, I'd love to set up a retro and rockabilly store, ranging from accessories  clothes and including old vinyl's and old vintage pieces people no longer want.

7. Do you have a guilty pleasure? Do tell...

Oh gosh, what is my guilty pleasure... It has to be watching Spongebob Squarepants at any possible time I get... Its pretty sad, but when I'm feeling a little low that programme always cheers me up!

8. If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I'd probably have to pick my cadillac skirt from 'What Shall I Wear Boutique' and my white top with black polka bow, along with my black patent heels!

9. Where if your favourite place to vacation?

I think it depends, I love going to different places all the time, whether its in the UK or abroad. At the moment, I'm seriously in the mood for saving up and doing a tour of different places in America. 

10. When you were little, what did you want to be? Did you accomplish that dream?

As cliché as it sounds, I wanted to be doing something to help others and benefit them. And I am pleased to say I've been doing this for 4 years now. I help train children in wheelchairs with mental and physical disabilities how to play wheelchair football, I work as a teaching assistant and personal carer and training in speech and music therapy to help these children and adults further who have disabilities.

11. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what one luxury would you want to have with you?

I think it depends on whether you are alone on the island or not, if you are then I'd chose for someone to be there with me, generally because then I wouldn't be alone and 2 people is always better then one. If its a material item, I'd probably choose a tent, generally because then I'd have shelter before finding somewhere more efficient and convenient on the island.


My Questions from Stephanie
1. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
I'm not quite sure! I'd love to be in New York probably! I'm going away with my best friend Charlie in January for a week to New York, but I've also been before! 

2. Whats your favourite lipstick?
This is a toughie, I tend to have phases where I wear different lipsticks – currently I’m obsessed with the Seventeen lipstick in shade ‘Hollywood’, it has a gorgeous blue undertone to it, and it reminds me more of a deep rouge color rather than a bright red lipstick!

3.When it comes to eyeliner, do you wing it, smoke it or not use it?
We should all know the answer to this with me… I obviously wing it! I don’t do a huge wing on my I do a subtle little flick just at the corner of my eye!

4. Dragons or Unicorns?
It has to be unicorns! Just because I generally live in a fantasy bubble… And Unicorns are cute!

5. If you could meet anyone in the world from any time period, who would it be?
Oh gosh, there is so many people I would love to meet… But I’d love to have met (as cliché as it sounds) I’d love to have met either Jayne Mansfield or Elvis (just as he became super famous).

6.Do you prefer your hair up or down?
I think it depends on my mood, if my hair looks like rubbish, then I will have it up, just so it doesn’t look too bad! But I like to have half my hair up and half my hair down. Every day though, when it’s not super-hot, I like having my hair down so it can flow in the wind!

7. On vacation do you wear dresses and skirts or jeans and shorts?
Well because I live in dresses for most of my life, cause I’m pretty obsessed with dresses, so it’d only be right to say dresses and skirts!

8. Sandals or flip flops?
I prefer sandals, just because they are a little more stylish rather then flip flops. But if I’m going to the beach then I’d probably say flip flops.

9. What is your feel good summer time song right now?
Recently after feeling pretty low and super unhappy I’ve been listening to The Playtones – Too Bad song… Especially with my disaster of my relationships, this song pretty much sums up the past few months.

10. What’s your favourite nail polish called and where is it from?
Currently I’ve been exploring a lot of the Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly nail polish, I’m in love with the colour ‘Blood Orange’ – it’s a deep red and I love the shine on your nails when its dried!

11. What do you want to get out of blogging & where do you see yourself a year from now?


Most of all, I want to enjoy blogging, and I want the people who read my blog to enjoy it too. I want to help inspire people who may be struggling with their personal life or maybe just want to stand out a little more with their fashion. A year from now, I’d like to have possibly built my blog a bit better then it is now, possibly open a blog shop, and some time in the near future to do giveaways (possibly when I get to 100 followers). Most of all, I just hope that a year from now I’m still blogging, and people are still reading my blog!

The 11 Bloggers I nominate for the award


1. Stephanie - Stephanie Maverick

2. Elle - Elle Dees Beauty
3. Amna - ASQGenerates 
4. Becca - WonderColourBehind A Frosted Window 
5. Leigh - i m l e i g h 
6. Kayleigh - Kayleigh's Beauty Fix
7. Anja - The Ramblings of an Honorary Rascal 
8. Lauren - Laurelbay-Bird
9. Harjit - Testing Panel
10. Daphne - Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life
11. Marlee - Beauty by Marlee

My 11 Questions to my Nominees


1. If you had to pick one beauty product for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

2. What is your overall lifetime goal?
3. What would you rather wear, if you could chose only one for the rest of your life... A t-shirt and jeans or a dress?
4. What do you like to do, to cheer yourself up when you feel really sad?
5. Fashion wise, would you say you dress in a particular way, such as a music genre?
6. What is one thing you could never live without?
7. Would you prefer heels or flats?
8. What is your favourite, book, tv programme and film?
9. If you had to live in any time period (apart from the modern day) what would you pick?
10. If you could be one person in the world, who would you be?
11. What have you learn't from blogging, and what have you learn't about other people from it?

Much Love


Emma Victoria


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment